About Me

My photo
In 2010 I successfully lost 35 pounds through diet and exercise. I had not run since high school because my knees couldn’t take it. However, once the weight was off I started running again with no pain and I renewed my love affair with running. I ran my first marathon in 2012, and I plan to keep on going...forever running!

Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Gearing up for the Maine Marathon!

I'm getting ready to run the Maine Marathon this Sunday.  I'm very excited.  I've trained long and hard for this and I feel more ready for this race than I expected to be.  Every time I head out to run I feel comfortable and relaxed.  I've pushed my workouts hard so that when it comes to race day, I won't feel the need to do more than I am capable of.  I can't wait to hit the road and complete 26.2 miles.
This is my second marathon.  My first marathon went well, but it was hard!  Here is what I wrote after my first:
I finished the Baystate Marathon today.  3:47:58.  I placed 508th out of 1144 runners, and 120th in my age group!  I was hoping to run faster, but as the saying goes, even the best laid plans go awry sometimes.  Let's just say, I should have fueled better.  Oh well, there's always next time!

Anyway, right now I'm too exhausted to write more!  I'm just proud to have raised more than $1,300 for the North Shore Medical Center's Cancer Center, and to have finished the marathon in a decent time, considering the circumstances.
Wow, I tough race, but a good time and a good feeling overall.  Well, this is "next time" and what I have I done so far?  I've raised more than $1,800 for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society and I am ready to fuel better, run stronger, and run faster! 

So, in two years I have raised more than $3,000 to help those struggling with cancer.  What a privilege it has been to serve and support those who can use a helping hand!  I won't let them down, nor will I let any of my sponsors down.  For those of you who donated, thank you.  For those of you who have not yet done so, it's not too late!

Thanks, everyone!  Look for an update on Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment