About Me

My photo
In 2010 I successfully lost 35 pounds through diet and exercise. I had not run since high school because my knees couldn’t take it. However, once the weight was off I started running again with no pain and I renewed my love affair with running. I ran my first marathon in 2012, and I plan to keep on going...forever running!

Sunday, September 15, 2013

20...oops...21 miles on Plum Island

Heading out to Plum Island along the Plum Island Turnpike, I could see the sun rising through a small gap in overcast sky right at the horizon.  It was really cool a few seconds before this shot, but you have to take what you can get!

I kept going and headed down the main road onto Plum Island.  It was a great run!  It was cool, comfortable, and the sun was not beating down on me.  I love running in the fall!

So, I headed down Plum Island looking for the right turn around point.  Since I ran 20 miles on Plum Island before, I thought I would remember the spot no problem.  I was wrong.  I came around a corner and all of a sudden I saw features I had never seen before.  That's when I said "oops, I think I went too far"!

Being almost at the end of the island, I decided to take a look at the beach.  As I approached I could hear the familiar sound of waves breaking on the shore.  Having grown up near the beach, I always love that sound.  And the view, well...
Breathtaking!  So what if I ended up running an extra mile.  It was worth it!

Happy Running!

No comments:

Post a Comment