About Me

My photo
In 2010 I successfully lost 35 pounds through diet and exercise. I had not run since high school because my knees couldn’t take it. However, once the weight was off I started running again with no pain and I renewed my love affair with running. I ran my first marathon in 2012, and I plan to keep on going...forever running!

Friday, January 31, 2014

Frigid Fiver

Thank goodness for the warm weather.  I'll be running the Frigid Fiver in Newburyport on Sunday.  First race since October, so I am excited.  This will kick off my 2014 racing season, and I couldn't be more excited.  First of all, it looks like the weather is going to be perfect for racing, at about 46 degrees (I guess that's not all that frigid, huh!).  Second, a nice 5 mile race in familiar territory excites me.  This race is is my own back yard, so that's what excites me so much!
Now that I live in Newburyport, I plan to do my warmup run by running from my house to the starting line.  Hows that for a close race!?!

It'll be nice to be outside running again.  I've been hitting the treadmill over the last few weeks, which is not all that fun.  Considering the alternative of freezing my buns off, the treadmill has been my only option.  At least I've been able to stay fit, right!

Anyway, looking forward to the race this weekend, regardless of the cold, or lack there of!  Let's just hope I don't melt before I cross the finish line!  Happy running!

No comments:

Post a Comment