About Me

My photo
In 2010 I successfully lost 35 pounds through diet and exercise. I had not run since high school because my knees couldn’t take it. However, once the weight was off I started running again with no pain and I renewed my love affair with running. I ran my first marathon in 2012, and I plan to keep on going...forever running!

Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Catching up

The holiday season makes it hard to stay on top of things.  While I did not let my fitness routine falter, I took a hiatus in writing this blog.  So, I thought I would catchup on things today. 

First, I've successfully maintained my fitness routine despite the busy holiday schedule and inclement weather.  I've been out for a few runs over the last few weeks and even though there was plenty of ice and difficult running conditions, I only face planted once.  While I love winter running, sometimes, for safety sake, you have to suck it up and hit the treadmill instead.  Needless to say, I have done just that over the past few weeks. 

One of my outdoor runs was at Maudslay State Park, which is just beautiful in the snow.  This park is such a pleasure to be in at any time, regardless of the season.    I started running there this fall and I have been trying to hit the trails at least once a week ever since.  However, icy conditions have made it kind of hard to get there often over the last month or so.  I was only there once.

As I mentioned above, I have been spending quite a bit of time on the treadmill these past few weeks.  I always loath running on treadmills, but the alternative is not running at all or risking injury, and I don't like those options.  I still cross train on a regular basis, but I try to run at least 3 days a week to maintain form and efficiency.  So far so good!

I'm looking forward to a little more daylight and a little less ice in the coming weeks so that I can spend more time outdoors.  Until then I will have to be satisfied with the treadmill and cross training.  I will also do my best to keep up with the blog!  We'll see how it goes.

Until then, happy new year, and


No comments:

Post a Comment