About Me

My photo
In 2010 I successfully lost 35 pounds through diet and exercise. I had not run since high school because my knees couldn’t take it. However, once the weight was off I started running again with no pain and I renewed my love affair with running. I ran my first marathon in 2012, and I plan to keep on going...forever running!

Wednesday, February 12, 2014

100 < 5



So, do I have your attention?  Here it is!  On Valentines Day this Friday I am asking you to donate some amount of money less than $5 to my One Run For Boston fundraising page!  Here is how it works.


Make up a number, any number that has meaning to you, like $2.14 (Valentines Day!) and donate that amount to my fundraising page.  My goal is to get 100 small donations in one day.  I am only asking you to donate up to $5.  Also, whatever amount you decide, give me an explanation as to why you choose it.  Whatever reason you want.  No reason is too small, weird, etc...


If you want to chose a loved ones birthday, I am OK with you going with a number greater than $5 (maximum $12.31).  Just don't feel obligated to do so.

So, whatever amount, no matter how small ($0.01 - super tiny donation); whatever your reason, no matter how strange ($0.27 - the number of times Sting says Roxanne in the song of the same name), just donate.  Again, what I want to achieve is 100 small donations in a single day.  I will be posting some of the most interesting explainations in a future blog post (see example below).
I hope you will consider donating on Friday, 2/14/14!  This is a good cause and your donation will help those whose lives were shattered after the Boston Marathon bombing! 

Thanks,
Neal


No comments:

Post a Comment