About Me

My photo
In 2010 I successfully lost 35 pounds through diet and exercise. I had not run since high school because my knees couldn’t take it. However, once the weight was off I started running again with no pain and I renewed my love affair with running. I ran my first marathon in 2012, and I plan to keep on going...forever running!

Friday, January 25, 2013

Getting Geared Up

My training program for the Vermont City Marathon starts on 2/9.  I'm getting geared up.  I've got my fundraising page all set up, and as many links to my fundraising page as possible.  It's exciting, and I can't wait to get out there again and run 26.2 miles!

It feels good getting back into the fundraising mode again.  I recently found an old fortune cookie fortune which said "From now on your kindness will be the secret to your success." 

I love helping others and joining Team in Training just feels right!  It's a cause that I believe in because I know for sure that my father's life was prolonged due to the drugs and research likely funded by LLS.  My Father was originally told he had about 5 years to live.  He lasted almost 8.  Those extra few years were a gift to me and my family.  It would not have been possible without basic scientific research funded by organizations like LLS. 

This is why I chose to support LLS this year.  While there are so many good causes to support, I try to focus on causes that have a personal connection to me and to the families and individuals who need the help.  This is one of them!  I hope my choice to be kind will be successful.

Happy running!

No comments:

Post a Comment