About Me

My photo
In 2010 I successfully lost 35 pounds through diet and exercise. I had not run since high school because my knees couldn’t take it. However, once the weight was off I started running again with no pain and I renewed my love affair with running. I ran my first marathon in 2012, and I plan to keep on going...forever running!

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

7 races, 62.4 miles, one Team

I thought I would post this picture of me running cross country when I was a senior at White Plains High School in the fall of 1991.  As you can see, I have a connection to running that goes back more than two decades.  Once a runner, always a runner!

Now to the point.  My training for the Vermont City Marathon to support the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society officially kicks off in a mere five days – can you believe it?!  I am ready to get this endurance party started.  Actually, I already got it started when I ran the Frosty Four on new years day.  'What is he talking about?', you may be asking yourself. 

In 2013 I am running 7 races.  When you add up the total distance I plan to run it's 62.4 miles.  These races are:
  1. Frosty Four, Salem, MA (1/1);
  2. Black Cat 10 Miler (3/2);
  3. Cross Country 5K run at Olde Salem Greens (3/17);
  4. The Vermont City Marathon (5/26);
  5. The Derby Street Mile (8/16);
  6. The Wicked Half Marathon (9/21); and
  7. Wild Turkey 5 Mile Run (11/28).
That's more than 2 marathons!  I intend to run these races in memory of my father, and to support the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.  I'll be wearing my Team in Training shirt at every race with a sign indicating how much money I raised.

If everyone who supports me pledges $1, $2, or $5/mile, I can meet my fundraising goal.  I hope outrunning cancer is worth a small donation on your part.  I'll do the running, you just sit back and watch me run, or read about it here!

I won't stop running, it's been in my blood for more than 20 years!

Go Team!

No comments:

Post a Comment