About Me

My photo
In 2010 I successfully lost 35 pounds through diet and exercise. I had not run since high school because my knees couldn’t take it. However, once the weight was off I started running again with no pain and I renewed my love affair with running. I ran my first marathon in 2012, and I plan to keep on going...forever running!

Monday, January 21, 2013

Ugh...Treadmills!


Running magazines, websites, and blogs seem to be filled with articles about how to make running on a treadmill more fun.  They offer suggestions like keeping your feet under the body instead of ahead of your body, don't lean forward, pull your foot straight up under the hip as soon as your foot is under the body, and run on a slight incline (1 to 3 degrees).


I read these articles and I think no way, I am not running on a treadmill like a hamster.  I will bear the cold and run outside.  I generally like running in the cold and snow.  I even wrote a blog about it.

See Winter Running is Around the Corner

However, single digits are just a little too cold for me.  So it looks like I will be hitting the treadmill this week.  I guess I will have to take those tips and make some use of them!  Here are a few blog posts and articles that provide good tips on treadmill running.


Think Outside The Mill: How To Make The Most Of Treadmill Running
Treadmill Training: Five Great Workouts
Beat The Treadmill Blues

Happy Running!

No comments:

Post a Comment