About Me

My photo
In 2010 I successfully lost 35 pounds through diet and exercise. I had not run since high school because my knees couldn’t take it. However, once the weight was off I started running again with no pain and I renewed my love affair with running. I ran my first marathon in 2012, and I plan to keep on going...forever running!

Wednesday, September 11, 2013

The Applecrest Half Marathon!


I ran and completed the Applecrest Half Marathon this weekend!  I finished in 1:38:27.  44th overall (out of 410 runners) and 5th in my age group (out of 19).  I was pretty pleased.  No pictures yet, will post them on Friday.

Over all, it was a great run.  Lots of hills, so towards the end I was getting a little worn out, but not enough to be demoralizing.  Afterword I enjoyed some apple pie, homemade ice cream, and fresh pressed apple cider.

But best of all, me and my wife and kids enjoyed some time at Applecrest Farm, where we purchased some fresh apples, and pet some goats and bunnies.  It was a great family Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment