About Me

My photo
In 2010 I successfully lost 35 pounds through diet and exercise. I had not run since high school because my knees couldn’t take it. However, once the weight was off I started running again with no pain and I renewed my love affair with running. I ran my first marathon in 2012, and I plan to keep on going...forever running!

Monday, August 26, 2013

14 Miles on the Merrimack River

Sunrise Over the Merrimack River, Amesbury/Newburyport, MA
What a beautiful weekend!  It was a perfect weekend for running!  I ran 14 miles along the Merrimack River this Saturday and I loved every minute.  The views were as spectacular as the weather. 

I started out in Newburyport.  I ran by Mosley Pines Park and over the Hines Bridge into Amesbury.  I then ran along the Merrimack River past the former Hat Factory at Hatters Point (now condos).
Former Hat Factory, Amesbury, MA

From there I continued on along the river and enjoyed some beautiful views across the river to Maudsley State Park in Newburyport.  As I ran along the river I felt a cool breeze coming off the river bringing the smell of freshly cut grass into my face, along with the crisp morning air.
Merrimack River with Maudsley State Park in the background.
As you can so, the view was incredible.  A clear blue sky that makes most Hollywood directors drool!  It doesn't get any better than this. 

Looking forward to next weeks long run!  Run happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment