About Me

My photo
In 2010 I successfully lost 35 pounds through diet and exercise. I had not run since high school because my knees couldn’t take it. However, once the weight was off I started running again with no pain and I renewed my love affair with running. I ran my first marathon in 2012, and I plan to keep on going...forever running!

Thursday, August 22, 2013

Leukemia & Lymphoma Society Mission Moment

I read the quote below, which is part of a longer quote, and thought I would share it with you all.  This is one of the reasons I am doing what I am doing.  Ted was diagnosed with Mantle Cell Lymphoma (MCL) in 2008. He had a bone marrow transplant this past May.  Here is a sample of Ted's recent experience after his transplant:
I was getting very anxious when my doctor walked in to the exam room a few hours after I'd had my CTs and didn't immediately say anything about the scans…So for some quick, instant-gratification reassurance I asked him if he thought I needed to worry about the scans and he said, "No. Not something I expect any issues from. This is a CURE we're working on." So I went home to wait. I had just wanted to hear him say "CURE." I love it when he says that...[a]nd then I got the results. I was glad the news was good and I was glad I'd finally let go and lived in the time of the day.

The fundraising I am doing, the hard work and sacrifice I am going through, and the small commitment I am asking from all my friends and family, help create more Ted moments.  The work performed by the dedicated staff at LLS leads to "Cures" so that more people can get back to "living in the time of the day."

Have you done something amazing today?  Here's your chance!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment