About Me

My photo
In 2010 I successfully lost 35 pounds through diet and exercise. I had not run since high school because my knees couldn’t take it. However, once the weight was off I started running again with no pain and I renewed my love affair with running. I ran my first marathon in 2012, and I plan to keep on going...forever running!

Thursday, August 15, 2013

Training Update!

Well, I ran 18 miles this past Saturday, and I am due to run 20 miles this coming Saturday.  So far my training is going great, and I am only experiencing minor aches and pains.  Looks like my injury is healed (yeah!).  

In addition I have managed to raise $1,724 for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society to help those suffering from blood cancers.  Isn't that great!?!  Two months to go and I am working towards my ultimate goal of $3,000.  Thank you everyone for your help!

I am still running 7 races and 62.4 miles in support of LLS and Team in Training.  Race number four is tomorrow.  I'll be running the Derby Street Mile in Salem, MA.  

I'm a little sad about this one because I was supposed to run with my daughter.  However, she jammed her foot earlier this week and is having a hard time walking, let alone running.  She seems to have sprained something in her foot near her pinky toe.  So, we will focus on getting her healed up and defer our first father-daughter run until after she recovers.

Finally, as you know (if you've been reading this blog), I'll be running the Maine Marathon in Portland, ME on October 6th, 2 days after my 39th birthday as part of my Team In Training program.  When that day arrives I'll be joining an elite group athletes who have dedicated themselves to supporting those suffering from blood cancers.   

To donate: http://pages.teamintraining.org/ma/maine13/ngrasso59
Until then, I'll keep running and training so that I'll be completely prepared for 26.2 miles and to cross the finish line strong.

Go team and happy running!

No comments:

Post a Comment