About Me

My photo
In 2010 I successfully lost 35 pounds through diet and exercise. I had not run since high school because my knees couldn’t take it. However, once the weight was off I started running again with no pain and I renewed my love affair with running. I ran my first marathon in 2012, and I plan to keep on going...forever running!

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Beautiful Day at Olde Salem Greens

It was a beautiful day at the Olde Salem Greens this past Sunday where the 11th Annual Olde Salem Green's 5K was held with much Irish spirit and happy runners.  It was a great, yet cold, day for running on this hilly course through a beautiful golf course.  So what if the starting line was a spray painted line in the parking lot!  No one ever said runners needed a fancy staring line!


This race was a ball and worth the effort!  The runners were great, the supporters were awesome, the conditions were perfect, and the organization was top notch!

This race represents the 3rd in my 7 races in support of the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.  I was honored to run once again for my dad and all those struggling with the battle against cancer.  I look forward to my next big race, the Vermont City Marathon on May 26th!  I have much training to do between now and then.  A happy runner is a good runner, so I'll keep my spirits up and a smile on my face!


Happy running to you too!

No comments:

Post a Comment