About Me

My photo
In 2010 I successfully lost 35 pounds through diet and exercise. I had not run since high school because my knees couldn’t take it. However, once the weight was off I started running again with no pain and I renewed my love affair with running. I ran my first marathon in 2012, and I plan to keep on going...forever running!

Saturday, March 2, 2013

Finished the Black Cat 10 Miler!

On this beautiful March morning I ran 10 miles along with more than 680 people in lovely Salem, MA.  At the start of the race I was bright eyed, bushy tailed, and raring to go!  As you can see in the photo below, I was not only ready to get running, but I was ready to outrun cancer!  Since I do not have a Team-in-Training shirt yet, I fell back on the outrunning cancer shirt my wife and kids made for me for fathers day last year.  This shirt has more sentimental value anyway!
 
An hour and 22 minutes later I crossed the finish line feeling great (I could have run 10 more!).  I didn't just feel great because I ran a great race.  I felt great because I knew that I just ran 10 miles to help support those struggling with blood cancer.  And look, I got a medal!


Now that I've run 10 more miles, I hope more folks will sponsor me.  I'll leave that to you to decide!

Thanks again for your support.  Run Happy!

Go Team!

No comments:

Post a Comment