About Me

My photo
In 2010 I successfully lost 35 pounds through diet and exercise. I had not run since high school because my knees couldn’t take it. However, once the weight was off I started running again with no pain and I renewed my love affair with running. I ran my first marathon in 2012, and I plan to keep on going...forever running!

Thursday, May 9, 2013

Blaze Your Own Trail

I just read a great article!  I am posting a link below. You should read this.  Any one who has ever run a marathon will get this. 


Reading this article reminds me of the Robert Frost poem The Road Not Taken.  This was one of my favorite poems in high school.  I also included the last stanza as part of may senior quote in my college year book.  Here's the last stanza in case you forgot.

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—  
I took the one less traveled by,  
And that has made all the difference.  

Be brave, try something new and never give up...no matter what anyone says!  Long live independent thought!  Happy running!

No comments:

Post a Comment