About Me

My photo
In 2010 I successfully lost 35 pounds through diet and exercise. I had not run since high school because my knees couldn’t take it. However, once the weight was off I started running again with no pain and I renewed my love affair with running. I ran my first marathon in 2012, and I plan to keep on going...forever running!

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Why run races?

The reason to run a race is not to win the race but to test the limits of the human heart.
-- Bill Bowerman, Oregon State, co-founder of Nike.

Running a race is such an adrenaline high.  If you just run, but have never run a race, you should try racing.  You will have an opportunity to meet some new people who are liked minded and love running.  You may even get to help a good cause.  This is why I run to outrun cancer!  It feels good knowing you are helping others.

However, running a race is fun because we get to see how far we can push ourselves.  You never know what you can do until you try.  Racing is a great way to find this out.

So, for those of you who live north of Boston or near Boston, here is a list of a few upcoming races this weekend.  You can find more races for another weekend, or ones in your area, at www.coolrunning.com.

So get outside, race, and test the limits of your heart.  It's good for you.  If you are raising money for a good cause, it's good for others.  But most importantly, it's fun!

Friday, May 17, 2013
Saturday, May 18, 2013
Sunday, May 19, 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment