About Me

My photo
In 2010 I successfully lost 35 pounds through diet and exercise. I had not run since high school because my knees couldn’t take it. However, once the weight was off I started running again with no pain and I renewed my love affair with running. I ran my first marathon in 2012, and I plan to keep on going...forever running!

Monday, July 15, 2013

Long time, no post...oops!


It's been a while since I've posted.  With the holiday and business travel, it's been hard for me to keep up with the blog.  However, I've had some good running lately.  Since my knee injury in March I haven't run more than 6.5 miles.  However, last weekend (7/7) I ran 10 miles with no problems.  Even better, I ran 12 miles this past weekend (7/13), and I felt great!  So far so good!

I'm starting week 5 of my training for The Maine Marathon.  It's been going really well.  My legs feel good, my knees feel great, and I'm maintaining a high level of fitness.  What else can be better?

Oh, and my fundraising for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) is going great!  I've surpassed my minimum fundraising goal, and I'm looking forward to reaching my maximum goal of $3000.

Speaking of my fundraising, I recieved the following from John Walters, President & CEO of LLS.  I think it's worth the read.
Since its founding in 1949, LLS has invested more than $814 million in blood cancer research. We fund more blood cancer research than all other voluntary health agencies.

An LLS-funded researcher developed Gleevec®, a pill for Chronic Myelogenous Leukemia (CML). Now, more than 95 percent of newly diagnosed CML patients survive more than five years with a good quality of life. LLS was also instrumental in the development of Velcade®, a targeted treatment approved for patients with multiple myeloma and mantle cell lymphoma.

While much has been achieved, there is so much more that can and needs to be done.

It's nice to  know that the group I'm supporting does such good things for with the money it raises.  However, it's clear that more needs to be done.  If you support my efforts, not only will you be helping me help those affected by blood cancers, but you will be helping an organization that uses it's money wisely.  What else can be better!

Thanks to those who have supported me so far.  If you are still on the fence, please consider supporting me and LLS.  It's worth it!

Peace, and thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment