About Me

My photo
In 2010 I successfully lost 35 pounds through diet and exercise. I had not run since high school because my knees couldn’t take it. However, once the weight was off I started running again with no pain and I renewed my love affair with running. I ran my first marathon in 2012, and I plan to keep on going...forever running!

Monday, July 29, 2013

Run, Pray, Love!

I would like to offer the following prayer for all the medical personal who assisted Boston Marathon victims.
Divine Physician, healer of bodies and souls, stretch out your hand and touch us.  Recreate us in your own image, and restore us in Christ, so that we may run the race and receive the prize of everlasting life.
I first heard this at church last summer and at that time I adopted this as my running prayer, since I was training for my first marathon and raising money for the North Shore Cancer Center in Salem, MA. 

However, after the Boston Marathon bombing it has taken on a deeper meaning for me.  So many people performed such incredibly selfless acts to help the injured.  Acts that I can only hope I would have had the strength, courage, and love to perform myself if I were in the same situation.

Now when I repeat this prayer I no longer do it for myself.  This prayer is for all those who run toward the smoke, or run up the burning building, or out into traffic, to help another human being.  This prayer helps me remember that we were put on this earth to help, love, and support one another. 

I say this prayer before I run so that I will remember that running is supposed to be peaceful and that those who help others will always win the race!

Peace and happy running!

2 comments: