About Me

My photo
In 2010 I successfully lost 35 pounds through diet and exercise. I had not run since high school because my knees couldn’t take it. However, once the weight was off I started running again with no pain and I renewed my love affair with running. I ran my first marathon in 2012, and I plan to keep on going...forever running!

Thursday, April 11, 2013

He Who Fights and Runs Away...

...Lives to Fight Another Day.

Sadly, my knee injury is not getting any better.  After consulting an orthopedic surgeon and a physical therapist, it turns out that my IT Band is not in strong enough shape to allow me to successfully complete a marathon in May.

Therefore, I've decided to postpone the marathon until October.  I am still fund raising for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, and I am still running 7 races and 62.4 miles in support of Team in Training.  Nothing has changed with regard to all of you who are sponsoring me, or considering sponsoring me.  The only difference is when I'm running the marathon.

Instead of running the Vermont City Marathon on May 26th, as previously planned, I'll be running the Maine Marathon in Portland, ME on October 6th, 2 days after my 39th birthday!  How fun is that?  Maybe I'll make it a tradition to run a marathon on my birthday every year!  That would be something to talk about, don't you think?

I'm a little sad and a little relieved that I can't run the Vermont City Marathon.  I'm sad because my mother lives in Burlington, Vt and she was very much looking forward to seeing me run a marathon right outside her apartment.  However, I'm a little relieved because I know that when I finish the marathon I'm going to be wiped out, and my mother is going to see me and freak out!  I don't need that.  Perhaps I'll run a shorter race in Burlington this summer, like a 5 or 10 K, which my mother can watch and not freak out!  We'll see how it goes.

For now my focus will be on recovery so I can get back to what I love to do...run!  Happy running to those of you who can run.  For injured souls like me, I'll see you on the road or the train again soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment