About Me

My photo
In 2010 I successfully lost 35 pounds through diet and exercise. I had not run since high school because my knees couldn’t take it. However, once the weight was off I started running again with no pain and I renewed my love affair with running. I ran my first marathon in 2012, and I plan to keep on going...forever running!

Thursday, April 18, 2013

Running Again Brings Joy in a Time of Sorrow

I am traveling in Pennsylvania for work.  I decided to go to Valley Forge National Historic Park, last night which is right near my companies offices in Wayne, PA.  I went running again for the first time in more than three weeks.  I ended up running 3.78 miles with only minimal knee pain.  I am still going through PT for my knee and probably shouldn't be running, but I couldn't help myself.  

My original plan was to walk for 45 minutes.  But I felt so good and thought "hey, I'll run for a few minutes and see how it feels."  I ran for 40 minutes then walked the last 5 minutes.  I didn't stop because I was hurting, I stopped because it was just such a beautiful evening and I wanted to check out the sights. 
Running over the covered bridge was kind of freaky.  There was only enough room for me and the car.  Glad no SUVs came across!
I was happy to be running again.  Now I am prepared to run a mile for Boston later this evening.  I plan to run a mile, have a moment of silence and prayer to honor the fallen, then continue on.  I encourage you to do the same.

"No more hurting people!  Peace." 
- Martian Richard. 

No comments:

Post a Comment