About Me

My photo
In 2010 I successfully lost 35 pounds through diet and exercise. I had not run since high school because my knees couldn’t take it. However, once the weight was off I started running again with no pain and I renewed my love affair with running. I ran my first marathon in 2012, and I plan to keep on going...forever running!

Monday, April 15, 2013

Tragedy at the Boston Marathon

I pray for all who have the power to help those in need, Lord give them the strength to continue their work; for the victims and their families, Lord carry them in their time of need; and for the people of Boston, Lord give us the strength to carry on. -- Amen
 
I was not in Boston today.  I know folks who were and, thank God, they are safe.  However, my heart aches for those who were lost and injured.  I am praying everyone who was impacted by this tragedy.  However, we all need to do what we can to help those who were injured.
  • Give blood, 
  • Lend a hand,
  • Remain vigilent.
We can get through this.   

As a runner this tragedy hurts me so much.  I view running as something I do to have a positive impact on my health, the health of my family, and for others (through my fund raising efforts).  To see such a positive event marred in tragedy breaks my heart.

Don't get me wrong, every tragedy breaks my heart.  It's just that the Boston Marathon is an event that is supposed to inspire that which is good in us, from the act of peaceful competition to the numerous causes that folks run for.  To see this event, and the wonderful people who enjoy it, attacked breaks my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment