About Me

My photo
In 2010 I successfully lost 35 pounds through diet and exercise. I had not run since high school because my knees couldn’t take it. However, once the weight was off I started running again with no pain and I renewed my love affair with running. I ran my first marathon in 2012, and I plan to keep on going...forever running!

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Training for Maine Marathon Has Commensed!

I started my training program for the Maine Marathon this weekend.  I am preparing to run the Maine Marathon in Portland, ME on October 6, 2013.  I'm so excited.
This continues my fundraising efforts for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) as part of its Team-In-Training (TNT) program in memory of my father, Joseph C. Grasso (11-30-30 - 11-29-95), who struggled with Leukemia for more than 7 years before he passed away.

Please consider helping me support LLS.  You can use the link below to donate online quickly and securely.  You can follow my progress right here on the blog, or at the link below.
  
http://pages.teamintraining.org/ma/maine13/ngrasso59
  
Each donation helps accelerate finding a cure for leukemia, lymphoma and myeloma. Nearly 958,000 Americans are battling these blood cancers.  I am hoping that my participation in Team In Training will help bring them hope and support.

The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society helps blood cancer patients live better, longer lives.

LLS's mission is to cure leukemia, lymphoma, hodgkin's disease and myeloma, and improve the quality of life of patients and their families.  LLS is the world's largest voluntary health agency dedicated to blood cancer.  It funds lifesaving blood cancer research around the world and provides free information and support services.   
For 25 years the TNT program has trained over a half a million runners, walkers, triathletes, cyclists and hikers and raised over $1.3 billion to fund lifesaving research for LLS.  You can learn more about TNT's mission and Bruce Cleland, who assembled the first Team in 1988 to run the NYC Marathon to support LLS.

No comments:

Post a Comment